Tuesday, February 22, 2011

On the Road Again

We're on the road again!! 
A few days in Port Macquarie turned into a few weeks but as of this morning we've left Port Macquarie and are now headed for Sydney for a few days before making our way further south. YAY. 

The small surgery I had went really well and now, just over a week later, I feel fully recovered. My foot has also healed up well but is still quite tender. 

The work that we had in Port ended up taking longer than a few days but we both really enjoyed it. We were the 'gardening and maintenance guru's' for a commercial centre in a highly populated area for the elderly (which made it quite interesting). One day an elderly lady pulled up in her car next to Geoff and pulled out a piece of timber and asked Geoff to please cut it for her. Another day, another elderly lady asked if we could please come pick up all the bark on her lawn that had fallen from a nearby tree. And yet another day, another elderly lady asked Geoff if he could please come knock down a tree in her yard for her... I think they were trying to make the most of having a strapping, young man in their area! So after much hard work we got the centre looking much better and even gained a few new muscles I think!


For dinner one night we were the chef and waitress for my parents wedding anniversary...

We also discovered an amazing print on the window at my parents place where a bird had obviously hit... you could even see its eyes! 

Yesterday (the day before we left) I'm sure Geoff set a new world record for the longest car wash in history... it took him ALL day. In his defense Geoff would like me to point out that "it's a big car!"...
So with a very shiny, very clean car, my mum and dad waved us off this morning as we hit the road again... Let the Aussie Adventure (Part 2) begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment